Thursday, September 27, 2012

Death Walks At Midnight


This movie is pretty convoluted in the end. The plot barely holds together, and you might describe the villain’s evil plan as implausible. Nonetheless it’s a pretty engaging and suspenseful giallo. Also apparently in Italy, when you call the police and the specific police officer who you ask for isn’t there, you don’t bother talking to any of the other police officers, no matter how urgently you might need the police. That’s a slight presumption on my part. One can imagine a more urgent police need than the one in the scene to which I’m referring. But I think a reasonable person might consider that watching a man you saw murder someone get roughed up by a couple of hoods a situation of relatively urgent police need. At least a reasonable American would. And here I give the movie the benefit of the doubt, for it’s possibly just as strange an omission in Italy as it is in America. I may never know. Nonetheless, I liked this movie. Grade B.

No comments:

Post a Comment